Pages

The Birthday Chain

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

I have had the intention for a while now to connect daily and often with my children. The real connection where suddenly this beautiful space is created where we both feel our real essences shine through. Where love is permeated through the room and our hearts. Connection.

Sams birthday is coming up. Recently he has been more whiney with wanting to go buy new toys, especially a robot toy. Somehow this idea came into my mind to make a count down chain to count down to his birth soon approaching in two months. He was elated and that on his birthday he would receive a special gift, a new toy. We went down to the basement and he picked out some of my decorative paper. Blue with read, purple and green designs. He watched me excitedly as I cut each strip. I counted how many strips I had after cutting the only sheet and to my surprise it was exactly how many days till his birthday. We stapled them together and hung the birthday chain above our back door. The awe was tangible. He looked me sincerely in the eye with a hand on my shoulder and said "mom, how did you know I would love a birthday chain? Thank you so much. This is what I love!" Hearing those words was priceless. And then it got even more amazing. After we cut off the first chain I told him of how I knew I was going to have a little boy named SAMUEL because when I was in the temple Jesus told me so. My sons name would be SAMUEL. And then later I was on the back lawn of the temple when I was surrounded by angels and they all whispered to me that I was going to have a son named SAMUEL. I told Sam this and that Jesus helped Sam get ready to come to this earth. Amazing right? He soaked it in. This was HIS STORY. His eyes welled up with sobbing tears of joy and there was such CONNECTION in the room, in our hearts and with heaven, the way things really are. It was like something suddenly clicked in his soul that said "yes! it is good to be on earth! This is right where I am suppose to be, and I am supported and loved!" So with this connection, and story and emotion Sam said to be with such sincerity and urgency..."Mom! I am going to say a prayer to God to tell him I am so glad I am on earth! I am so glad I CHOSE to come to earth Mom. It was my choice! I chose to come to earth and I am so glad to be here with you!" After this amazing remark coming from my vocab smart three year old, with out skipping a beat he walked over to the other side of the rug, knelt down facing the birthday chain with his darling hands placed on his thighs and began to offer the sweetest prayer with tearful sobs of joy(literally). "Heavenly Father, Thank you for helping me come to earth. I am so happy I chose to come. I am so happy I am on earth. I am so happy I am with my mom. Amen." 
I was stunned. My whole being was SO connected to him in this moment. He felt something. And it was big and beautiful and deep. The space in our little room was so, so I don't even have words. After he said the prayer he stood up ran over to me wrapped his three year old arms around my neck smiled in my eyes. He then hugged me so deeply and intently. IT WAS PURE JOY. We now have the tradition that every day I tell him a little tid bit of HIS STORY, how he came to earth, his womb experience, his birth. It is magical. Each day has been like a light that flickers on. He wants to know. He loves it, and I love it. There is a feeling of BELONGING and REMEMBERING that is happening. I am grateful beyond measure that this tradition has begun and that Sams little heart has been so deeply opened and inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment